What Is Search Engine Optimization, And How Is It Helpful To Our Website?
SEO is a term that stands for Search Engine Optimization, and in our country, it could be freely translated as web search engine optimization. In practice, it is a set of techniques, procedures, and rules that aim to put a website, i.e., a website, in the best possible position when searching in search engines such as Google.
SEO search engine optimization is a part of internet marketing, and although in the past it was a field that was recognized, today it is receiving much more attention. As the search engines themselves modernize, there is a natural demand and the need for websites to adapt to new trends and especially usability for visitors. The goal of leading search engines such as Google or Yahoo is actually to find and prioritize websites that bring the greatest and best value to Internet visitors.
Table of Contents
What is SEO
In practice, it is a matter of taking steps on and off your website to ensure that your site is ranked higher in searches for those search terms that relate to the website. So if you sell shoes, for example, the goal of SEO optimization of a website is for a person to search for shoes and synonyms of this word, or specific types of shoes will find your site when searching in the search engines above. However, these steps should be intended not only for search engines in practice.
In the first place, there should be changes, procedures, and improvements to the content or form of your website that will make it easier for its visitors to find their way and provide them with all the necessary and helpful information as much and as much as possible. Within modern trends and improvements, search engines strive to make “user-friendly” sites higher than others, and creating a user-friendly site is precisely the goal of SEO optimization.
Which, on the other hand, is not SEO
So once you know what SEO optimization is in practice, you need to tell yourself what it is not. This is not a miracle recipe or a series of tricks that will provide you with thousands of new visitors today. Anyone who tries to guarantee you this, or ensure you first place in Google, for example, cannot offer serious services. For example, no one knows the same tricks or procedures for “deceiving” Google or other search engines – even Google itself cannot guarantee the first position.
With SEO services, care must be taken not to avoid various fraudulent techniques or tricks that fall in the professional terminology under the so-called black hat SEO, basically the black zone. These practices aim to trick search engines into convincing them that your site is highly informative and should rank as high as possible, but the opposite will be confirmed. Such techniques include using excessive words or buying paid links to your site.
Focus on both on-page and off-page SEO
Within SEO, it is necessary to distinguish the factors that affect both the mentioned information value of the website and the website from an external point of view. While this may seem highly theoretical, the opposite is true. In this case, SEO works similarly to everyday life: the so-called on-page factors can directly influence you and are directly related to the website. In contrast, the so-called Off-page factors affect a site’s value externally and depend more on others than you.
What are on-page factors, and what falls under them?
These factors are directly linked to the website and related to the technical, content, or architectural point of view. In the past, search engines have given more weight to these factors, then for some time, they have given importance to the second category of factors, and today they are trying to find a reasonable compromise between them. Here are the essential on-page factors:
- Domain name and URL
- Title tag
- Meta tags
- Header tags (headings and subheadings in website content)
- Web structure
- Web content
And what about off-page factors?
Off-page factors are those that you cannot directly influence or are no longer directly linked to a specific website. Simply put, if we were to compare them to everyday and practical life, it is a set of recommendations from others who would say about your company or trade, what they think about it and would do you a commercial. Off-page factors include:
- Links from authoritative websites
- Thematic relevance of linked websites
- What texts or comments do these websites link to?
- Social links
- Links from other web sources
These factors then affect your site’s credibility and relevance, which are the most critical factors considered in terms of off-page factors.
Guide for entrepreneurs and companies
Suppose you are an entrepreneur or a company. In that case, regardless of size, you certainly know that it is essential to communicate with your regular but also occasional and especially new customers via the Internet in today’s modern age. Naturally, this communication also includes a website containing all the information necessary for the public to know what you do in the business and what you can do for the customer. Of course, depending on what you’re doing, it doesn’t have to be just a presentation site.
For example, several companies with a stone business operation may want to breakthrough in the form of an online store, i.e., an e-shop. Alternatively, if you offer services, it may be an exciting alternative to use, for example, a blog or articles to promote your services or the topics of the services it provides. There are many possibilities, and they depend mainly on business. In any case, you should spend time and money on the “production” of the website and SEO services.
What should you do for your online presence?
This is a simple process in the order it should follow if you, as a brand, want to start your presentation in the online world and reach the public and potential customers:
- Have a professional website created – contact either a more petite web designer or a larger company but in any case, a professional
- Take care of the design and the content – don’t be afraid to contact a professional copywriter who will help and advise you on the content on the website – design is a form, but content sells a product!
- Update the website regularly – creating and introductory content is a great thing, but it is even more important to periodically update this content, add news, and the like (if you have an e-shop, it is, of course, a natural activity, but also presentation websites need to be regularly enriched with news, updates or other information)
- Focus on advertising and marketing – this includes explicitly both the already mentioned SEO, but also overall advertising on the Internet from social networks to advertising in search engines and on specific web portals; you can also try various forums and discussions, for example, the well-known Seo chat forum in the US, which also provides particular SEO optimization services.
And what are your SEO options?
As our article today aims to bring you closer to search engine optimization, let’s look at the options and alternatives if you want to focus on SEO for a corporate presentation website or an e-shop:
- Internal employee – this is the cheapest solution. Still, in this case, the price should not play the most significant role, because poor or poorly done work in this area can be not only unnecessary but in some cases counterproductive; however, if an employee undergoes comprehensive training and is educated regularly, this may not always be a bad option.
- SEO consultant – in this case, you will hire an external person for certain types of work, who will either help you with optimization or do it yourself – these are mainly self-employed or so-called Freelancers who are proficient in web optimization and offer their SEO services for a limited time
- SEO specialist – this is a higher level of the previous type of SEO optimization because he is already an expert who can design everything you would need to do for your business website and can also provide various related services; it is either a one-time service or a medium-term service with a set of tailor-made activities
- SEO agency – this option is most suitable for large companies because it includes complete services, i.e., not only articles or texts but complete online and offline SEO optimization and long-term consultations; Of course, even smaller companies and entrepreneurs who want to dominate their field on the Internet can pay the agency